As our dental office resumed regular dental care as of June 2020, we want to assure you that we remain committed not only to provide you with the great dental care but also to assure your overall health and safety as well. We have enhanced our dental infection controls as recommended by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
As you visit our office, you will note some of these improvements and we appreciate your patience as they may take a little extra time and effort from you. For example:
- You may be asked screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive in the office.
- You may be required by city mandate to take a COVID-19 nasal swab test no more than 7 days before certain dental procedures.
- We ask that you bring a face mask to wear when you enter the office. We ask that you come alone since we have limited seating due to social distancing.
- We ask that you wash your hands or use the available hand sanitizer as soon as you enter the office. You may be asked to rinse with a mild hydrogen peroxide before your dental treatment.
- We ask that you sign a consent form for treatment at the office. For your convenience, you can also print the form from our website found at the "Office Forms" tab, sign it and bring it to our office.
- We have removed all magazines and appreciate your understanding as there will be no reading materials provided while you are in the reception area. In addition, the Lego table and the toys in the children's cabinet will not be available to the kids for play.
- You may be offered fewer scheduling options for your appointment in order to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- We are committing more time and resources to provide you with a safe environment. We have installed an air purifier and have increased our room ventilation as well as spraying our room with hypochlorous acid (substance your white blood cells produce to fight off infections) in between patient visits.
On behalf our entire team, I commit to you that our continued actions will be responsible, clear, and adaptive to changes in the situation.
Thank you for being our patient and entrusting us with your health. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you back to our office. Please know that behind our masks and face shields are our welcoming smiles!
Dr. David Yee